[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1: Ignoring Trash/Junk for maildirsize?

richs at whidbey.net richs at whidbey.net
Tue Mar 11 22:32:54 EET 2008

Hi all,

We're testing Dovecot 1.1rc3, but have run into a snag with IMAP Quota's
and the way Trash and Junk folders can be handled.

Our MTA (Exim) quota configuration uses this option:

  maildir_quota_directory_regex = ^(?:cur|new|\.(?!Junk$)(?!Trash$).*)$

This completely excludes "Junk" and "Trash" from the "maildirsize" file
and quota calculations.  Dovecot 1.0 could do this using "ignore=Trash"
(although only on one folder).

Is there any way to duplicate this behavior in Dovecot 1.1?  We see that
"quota_rule" can be used to set an unlimited quota (storage=0), but for
some reason Dovecot still records their tallies in "maildirsize", which
breaks the MTA.

Thanks!

-Rich