[Dovecot] Help! OT: Blackberry IMAP client suggestions/experience needed

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Thu Mar 13 18:17:19 EET 2008

The CFO of our college, a most formidable man, had decided to go Blackberry and
Something Functional Must Be Done.  We've had some users who we've not supported
(and things got better for them when we switched from UWIMAP to Dovecot).

BB, of course, has their half-baked sorta-IMAP-compliant client (and we do NOT
want the BB Enterprise Server) that persistently keeps grabbing the mailbox and
breaking the mailbox lock, causing no end of grief for the secretaries (plural,
more than one) would also work with the mailbox.
1) Does anyone have recommendations and experience with a genuine BB IMAP
client?  Googling shows up LogicMail....
2) I have been avoiding the plunge in multiple-access mailbox and just let the
early BB adapter users thrash but I suppose it is time to do what I can with DC.
We are running 1.0.12 with mbox format.  Would some kind person <grovel,grovel>
tell me where I should start reading plus any warnings.  BB DC experience info
would be a big help.

Our CFO has a legendary temper and I would like to get as much as possible right
the first time out...........
--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources