[Dovecot] Help! OT: Blackberry IMAP client suggestions/experience needed

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Mar 13 20:41:16 EET 2008

on 3-13-2008 11:14 AM Knute Johnson spake the following:
>> so far:
>> LogicMail...V0.4.0 (not even V1.x, but O.x...is this beta?)
>> http://www.logicprobe.org/proj/logicmail
>> http://www.berryreview.com/2007/10/30/faq-alternative-3rd-party-email-applications-for-blackberry/
>> http://www.berryreview.com/2007/08/22/logicmail-free-imap-pop3-client-for-blackberry/
>>
>> in beta, Tiggit
>> http://www.berryreview.com/2008/02/15/tiggit-beta-another-3rd-part-email-client-for-blackberry/
>> Knute Johnson wrote:
>>> I don't know of any IMAP apps to get for a BB but if you come across
>>> a good one, please post a note here.
>
> LogicMail looks interesting but it won't do StartTLS which I need.
>
> My setup uses mbox and I haven't seen any problems with multiple
> clients.  What is the problem that I should be having?
>
> Thanks,

So am I. The only time I had a problem is if multiple programs are trying to
access the mbox file directly at the same time. As long as the multiple
clients all go through dovecot, I don't have any problems. In fact, I often
leave an instance of thunderbird running over my mailstore at my main office,
and will hit the same store from my lappy, or from my other office.

I have also had thunderbird and outlook running on the same machine looking at
the mailstore while I try and reproduce an error that one of my users is
having, and although it can sometimes slow down a bit, I don't see any problems.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and