[Dovecot] xexec and dovecot 1.1

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Mar 19 02:24:10 EET 2008

subscriber at viliar.net.ru schreef:
> I'll test very interesting plugin xexec. It seems very nice and can be
> used in many things. It's compiled perfect with dovecot 1.0, but certanly
> not with dovecot 1.1. It's stopped with next error:

I did not write that module, but tonight I got a bit bored, so I gave it
a quick try to port it to Dovecot 1.1. The attached patch provides a
compile fix to make it compile without warnings for dovecot-1.1. I only
tested whether the module is successfully loaded by Dovecot and not
whether XEXEC still does what it is supposed to. It does not segfault on
the xexec command, but that is all I tested. I got a backend command
error and now it is bed time for me, but there is a good chance that
this works if you bother to read the wiki page properly ;)  So, consider
this to be more like an 'It  compiles! Ship it!' kind of fix. But,
anyways, it should help you to get where you want.

Just apply inside the xexec directory using the usual patch -p1. Let me
know what you find out.

Regards,

Stephan.