[Dovecot] Authentication: Dovecot -> Vpopmail - > MySQL with one table per domain

James Nordstrom james at nordstromdesign.com
Mon Mar 24 19:44:08 EET 2008

Hi All,

	I am using Dovecot 1.0.13 with Vpopmail (Qmail
Toaster current) backed by MySQL with one table per
domain (--disable-many-domains) . What I cannot figure
out is how to have Dovecot authenticate to Vpopmail
when Vpopmail uses one table per domain. Basically I
need dynamic SQL in the Dovecot-sql.conf file.

	Currently I have:

	password_query = select pw_clear_passwd as password
from domainname_com where pw_name = '%n'

	I need something like

	password_query = select pw_clear_passwd as password
from %d where pw_name = '%n'

	Where %d is the name of the table.  I can't use the
exact domain name at it will not match the vpopmail
format domainname_com.  I would be happy to use some
sort of sting builder but and not sure what my options
are in the .conf file.

            Please help

	Thanks in advance

	James