[Dovecot] [partially solved] Imap sent folder sometimes dosen't get updated in dovecot-1.1-rc3(+some current hg patches)

Diego Liziero diegoliz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 20:19:00 EET 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Diego Liziero <diegoliz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, again, some sent emails don't get copied to sent folder.

Thist time the reporter reproduced the issue because of a client wrong
configuration and without the related error (he was using a secondary
account that was set to save Sent mails locally instead of using imap
folder, and all the missing sent mails were saved locally)

> Error: IMAP(username): UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file
> /maildir/username/Sent

This error was in the log at the same minute (but different seconds)
the mail was sent, and it is probably unrelated. Maybe while the user
searched the mail in the Sent folder after sending it.
Sorry for the confusion.

> After a grep vith dovecot.log I see the same error message also with other
> imap folders as well (mainly Trash imap folder).

This is still one of the errors I see in dovecot-1.1.rc3 log.

Regards,
Diego.