[Dovecot] dovecot 1.1.rc3 assertion failed at index_mailbox_set_recent_uid while deleting message with thunderbird.

Diego Liziero diegoliz at gmail.com
Thu May 1 03:55:13 EEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 13:17 +0100, Diego Liziero wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Diego Liziero <diegoliz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > To some users happens this assertion failure while deleting a message.
> > >
> > >  dovecot: Mar 10 08:40:44 Panic: IMAP(user): file index-sync.c: line
> 39
> > >  (index_mailbox_set_recent_uid): assertion failed: (seq_range_exists
> > >  (&ibox->recent_flags, uid))
>
> Wonder if this fixes it?
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/abc88e664e63

Just updated to current tree. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Here are some more errors I got in dovecot.log with 1.1.rc4:
Corrupted index cache file /path/to/dovecot.index.cache: Broken MIME parts
for mail UID uidnumber
Corrupted index cache file /path/to/dovecot.index.cache: Broken virtual size
for mail UID uidnumber
Corrupted index cache file /path/to/dovecot.index.cache: used_file_size too
large
FETCH for mailbox mailboxname UID uidnumber got too little data: a vs a+b
UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file
Corrupted transaction log file /path/to/dovecot.index.log: record size too
small (type=0x40, offset=7576, size=0)
Log synchronization error at seq=1,offset=24 for /path/to/dovecot.index:
Broken extension introduction: Record field points outside record size (0+16
> 8)

Diego.