[Dovecot] Replication protocol design

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri May 2 09:30:50 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Using IMAP protocol for replication has at least two disadvantages:

It occurs to me that there is at least one advantage of putting as much
as possible into the imap protocol:

mailclients are kind of a special of replication client.  Really they
want to be able to do as much as possible of this stuff as possible
also...  Although clients typically lag a few weeks behind new RFCs
being written (grin), I guess the point is that if some of this stuff is
available via IMAP or an IMAP extension then others might one day use or
benefit from it?

Just a thought...

Does a modification to IDLE to monitor more folders help us at all?

Ed W