[Dovecot] 1.1rc4 problem with maildir++ quota and POP3

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 4 03:45:06 EEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 17:58 +0200, Laurent Papier wrote:
> Hi,
> it looks like there is a bug (in dovecot or in my config) with quota on maildir
> mailboxes when accessed via POP3.
>
> The maildirsize is not created when not already present (even after a DELE +
> QUIT command). The quota limit (the first line of maildirsize) is not updated
> if values are not in sync with those in the database.
> If maildirsize is present, DELE commands are correctly reported in maildirsize.

Hmm. This happens because POP3 doesn't ask for the limit at any point.
Dovecot just thinks that if the maildirsize file doesn't exist, why
bother creating it since it can be left to be done later when something
actually wants to know the quota.

But I guess it should do the extra work anyway..:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/2475c57fadb0

>   passdb:
>     driver: sql
>     args: /etc/dovecot-mysql.conf
>   userdb:
>     driver: sql
>     args: /etc/dovecot-mysql.conf
>   userdb:
>     driver: prefetch

prefetch is never called with this setup. You should put it before the
userdb sql.