[Dovecot] Expire plugin with Mysql

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 4 17:50:45 EEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 15:57 -0400, Eric wrote:
> Hey guys, got a question about the expire plugin. According to the
> wiki, the expire plugin "keeps an internal database (Berkeley DB or
> SQL)". I was wondering what fields in the mysql table are needed for
> expire to work.
> I assume it is setup is similar to the quota dict
> setup, so was just wondering what fields are required (i.e:
> select_field, where_field, username_field, for quota).

A bit late reply, but you should be able to use a table exactly like
with quota (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/Dict):

create table expire (
  username varchar(255) not null,
  path varchar(100) not null,
  current integer,
  primary key (username, path)
);

A better name for "current" would be maybe "timestamp" or something.

I think this dict-sql setup should be changed at some point to allow for
more complex configuration..