[Dovecot] Mailbox locking issue?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 4 21:03:12 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 10:45 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> Here's one additional piece of information which may or may not be
>> relevant. There are actually three users (and three separate mailboxes)
>> whose mail is being retrieved via POP3/fetchmail, but all three users
>> have the same UID so there is only one set of .imap/INBOX/dovecot.*
>> files for all three mailboxes.
>
> So you mean all 3 mailboxes share the same index files? That's a sure
> way to cause all kinds of problems.

Yes, that's what I mean. I didn't realize this was the case until just
now when I looked at exactly which log files I would send if I saw a
recurrence. I think they have the same index files because they all have
the same home directory which is an artifact from an old set up. This
could easily be changed.