[Dovecot] FAQ: setting thunderbird to talk to dovecot

Sun May 4 22:48:48 EEST 2008

On 5/4/2008, Uldis Pakuls (neko at it4u.lv) wrote:
> I think you are just confused by Thuderbirds messages saying
> something like "login: user at host" - it's  just generic form to
> display login info. "@host" part is never used for login.

<sigh> I thought he was seeing this in the logs.

It should be a list rule that you *must* provide both output of dovecot
-n *and* relevant log snippets when asking for help on a problem like
this...

It sure saves a lot of time and energy and leads to fast (and accurate*
  problem resolutions... although, I will say that Timo sometimes
appears to be able to read the posters mind and solves the problem
without this info...

--

Best regards,

Charles