[Dovecot] libsieve support

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon May 5 13:31:50 EEST 2008

Mateusz Kijowski schreef:
> Hi,
>

> I was wondering - are there any plans on switching the sieve plug-in to use
> libsieve (http://libsieve.sourceforge.net/)? The rationale of using this
> library is simple - cmusieve codebase seems stagnant and libsieve promises to
> implement some new sieve rfc drafts.

A significant disadvantage of this cmusieve derivative is that it does
not support saving a compiled binary to disk, meaning that the script
needs to be recompiled for every delivery.

Also, I am building a new Dovecot-specific Sieve implementation. It
currently supports all extensions provided by cmusieve except notify,
but additionally includes support for the variables extension. It still
needs quite a bit of work, but I should be able to release a first
version a few weeks after I have graduated on the 14th of May.

Regards,

Stephan.