[Dovecot] Timeout when using icedove's searching on a large amount of email.

guillaume.yziquel at free.fr guillaume.yziquel at free.fr
Mon May 5 21:50:10 EEST 2008

Hello list.

I'm using dovecot as a local server, where I'm the only user (or so), and I
appreciate using icedove searching functionality to roam through the whole inbox
in search of some specific string in the body of my emails.

Unfortunately, recently, such a search has become impossible, since the search
takes too much time, and the connection times out.

I've looked throughout the .conf file and the documentation, but I haven't found
where I could increase the delay until timeout. If someone knew the right option
in the .conf file, it would be really great...

Guillaume Yziquel.