[Dovecot] [Q] IMAP update message header?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed May 7 18:45:50 EEST 2008

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 5/7/2008, Roderick A. Anderson (raanders at acm.org) wrote:
>> Is there a method as a client from a remote system to make changes to
>> a message then save it back?  What is the IMAP verb, command, etc. to
>> do this?
>
> Man, if you could, that would be really, really bad...

Does make sense in the bigger picture but for my needs is would only be
kind-of bad.  :-)

> So hopefully the answer is no, not, never...

Well Timo's answer indicates so.  So now I'm trying to figure out a way
to get the same effect as marking a message as seen/unseen while
honoring seen/unseen.

Looks like it will probably be a case of making a copy of the message
adding the X-Header then copying/savinging it back as a new message and
deleting the old.

Rod