[Dovecot] Manual thread breaking from Thunderbird

rosenfield.albert at gmail.com rosenfield.albert at gmail.com
Wed May 7 18:54:43 EEST 2008

Bill Cole:
> Dovecot isn't really a player in that question, which is really about how
> to make TBird do what you want it to do with messages and present
> them in a particular organizational style.

Well, Dovecot "deliver" puts the messages in place, and you want
incoming messages to land in the same folder as the conversation it is
already is in, and also have other virtual labels applied depending on
filter rules (eg dovecot-ml emails should have the "dovecot" label
applied).

Christian Jaeger:
> Or are you asking about the Gmail feature of not using subfolders but keep
> everything in the same place and only use search to find your stuff?

That's rather simplified - it's "using search", plus it's labels, an
"archive" button, a new threading interface, combining multiple
messages into one, etc.  But yeah.  I had assumed that you made your
TBird behave like that..

Timo Sirainen:
> Virtual mailboxes would do that trick. Dovecot v1.2 will have support
> for that, although many clients also support it already.

Awesome :-)..
Any more information somewhere?
Which clients?