[Dovecot] thunderbird sane config (OT)

Wed May 7 19:04:48 EEST 2008

On 5/7/2008, rosenfield.albert at gmail.com (rosenfield.albert at gmail.com)
wrote:
> What I had in mind was more like:
> 1. I install Thunderbird.
> 2. I create an account named <template>.
> 3. I modify TLS and other settings to work better.
> 4. I click magic button.
> 5. Thunderbird creates a new thunderbird_mycfg.exe.
> 6. User downloads and runs thunderbird_mycfg.exe, which installs
> Thunderbird, asks the user his/her account name and applies the
> configuration from step (3), and everything magically works.
>
> Hmm.

Heh... yeah, thats one of the things lacking in both TBird and FFox is
enterprise feature support like this...

Its supposedly in the works though... and when it happens, you'll be
able to push it out even easier than you descibe above (assuming you're
using WPKG, Active Dirdctory, or something similar ...

--

Best regards,

Charles