[Dovecot] Allow_nets + MySQL failing when using range notation

Javier García javier.garcia at ibercom.com
Thu May 8 12:15:50 EEST 2008

x86, mmm..., in fact, I am testing on a sparc box, I will retry on a x86
system as my production environment is x86. I cannot guess the effect of
an architecture change, but maybe some library implementations might
matter... I'll let you know.
In the meantime, some more details on the actual installation:

prisni:~# uname -a
Linux prisni 2.6.18-6-sparc64 #1 Tue Feb 12 21:51:30 UTC 2008 sparc64
GNU/Linux

The installed packages along with dovecot are, in short, postfix, horde,
apache2 and mysql.

PS: While awaiting for moderator approval (this message was originally
too big) I have made a small test on my production environment,

polifemo:~# uname -a
Linux polifemo 2.6.18-5-686 #1 SMP Mon Dec 24 16:41:07 UTC 2007 i686
GNU/Linux

which seems to work. So we could probably restrict the issue to linux on
sparc... quite a special scenario, in my opinion.

As this latest test is just preliminary, I'll let you know about further
results.

Regards,
Javier