[Dovecot] Dovecot/postfix to do 'copy to sent' ?

Thu May 8 15:01:00 EEST 2008

On 5/8/2008, Zbigniew Szalbot (z.szalbot at lc-words.com) wrote:
>> If you use postfix for your MTA, you could simply disable saving
>> sent messages in tbird, and set up sender BCC maps in postfix so that
>> a copy of each users sent mail is dumped into their Sent folder.

> But it won't be saved in the Sent folder, will it? It will just be
> delivered to the mailbox?

Like I said, I haven't done it (yet - I'm planning on trying to get it
working someday, hopefully sooner than later) - but yes, you should be
able to force the copy to the Sent folder...

Here is a link to the last message in a recent thread discussing how you
might do this, if you feel adventurous - in short, a combination of
sender_bcc_maps and the delivery agent (maildrop and dovecot LDA were
specifically mentioned):

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2008-01/0812.html

Here's the link to the beginning of the thread, if you want to read the
whole thing:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2008-01/thread.html#712

--

Best regards,