[Dovecot] MBOX to Maildir preserving the UIDL (outlook-tested, no redownloading)

Horn Wijaya hwijaya at nodens.biz
Thu May 8 15:44:04 EEST 2008

A small amendment regarding how to obtain the UID and COUNTER

I have tried on IMAP Folder.
To get IMAP info like the IMAPbase, apparently it does not exist in the
files in cur folder of Drafts and Sent Items after I converted them to
Maildir

-----
mb2md-3.20.pl -s /var/mail/hwijaya/Drafts -d home/hwijaya/Maildir/.Drafts
mb2md-3.20.pl -s "/var/mail/hwijaya/Sent Items" -d
"/home/hwijaya/Maildir/.Sent Items"
/home/hwijaya/Maildir/subscriptions has to be created based on existing
folders, in this case:
Drafts
Sent Items
-----

cd /home/hwijaya/Maildir/.Drafts/cur
grep IMAP *
   and I get nothing
Apparently, I have to grep IMAP /home/hwijaya/Drafts (mbox format)
   that returns
   Hence: echo '3 V1210246344 N1' >
/home/hwijaya/Maildir/.Drafts/dovecot-uidlist

Same procedure with my Sent / Sent Items folder

so it's safe to just grep the IMAP from the mbox format (inbox, drafts,
sent, etc) itself before migration.
the rest of the previous procedure stay.

I have successfully migrated an mbx imap account into a Maildir imap account
(accessed by OUtlook and Squirrelmail). No outlook redownloading.

Cheers.

Warmest Regards From:
Horn Wijaya
Consultant