[Dovecot] ipv6 woes

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Fri May 9 07:08:02 EEST 2008

> I'm trying to bring up dovecot on a dual stack machine. I tried search for
> the answers; the answers I found and tried failed :-(.

Found part of my problem; I see that I needed 1.1.

After trying to upgrade to 1.1rc5, and blowing away all the cache files,
bringing up dovecot just left ports accepting connections but no banners.
And ultimately,

May  8 20:53:11 goat dovecot: Fatal: imap-login: Can't load certificate
file /www/certs/mail.gigo.com.cert: error:02001018:system
library:fopen:Too many open files

For now, I've worked around this by downgrading back to 1.0.13 ;
and just setting up a second instance of dovecot entirely.