[Dovecot] imap memory footprint rather large

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 12 20:28:12 EEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 18:19 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> [2008.05.12.1813 +0100]:
> > v1.1 drops fields that aren't accessed after 30 days.
>
> And that interval is hardcoded or configurable?

Hardcoded in src/lib-index/mail-cache-private.h:

/* Drop fields that haven't been accessed for n seconds */
#define MAIL_CACHE_FIELD_DROP_SECS (3600*24*30)

There are several other optimization related defines. I don't think it's
really worth making configurable.

> Also, do you have an ETA on the 1.1 release? As you may know, we're
> freezing Debian stable in August or September and it would be good
> to get 1.1 in with enough time for testing beforehand.

It depends on how many bug reports I still receive.. There are a few bug
reports I haven't yet had time to look at. Anyway I think it'll be
released in June.