[Dovecot] Automounted home dirs not working

Roy McMorran mcmorran at mdibl.org
Tue May 13 00:27:04 EEST 2008

Roy McMorran wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Does this happen only for your LDAP users or also passwd users? Before
>> the above mkdir() Dovecot should chdir() to user's home directory. So if
>> LDAP returns user's home directory, I'd think the chdir() causes
>> automount?
> This seems to have been a Solaris issue.  I've applied some recent
> patches to my test machine and it seems to be resolved.
Arrgh, I spoke too soon.  It worked once right after the reboot.  Now
it's gone south again.  Here's the same bit of truss output:

16016:  setegid(1032)                                   = 0
16016:  seteuid(20025)                                  = 0
16016:  alarm(30)                                       = 0
16016:  chdir("/home/adent")                            Err#2 ENOENT
16016:  alarm(0)                                        = 30
16016:  seteuid(0)                                      = 0

I can't imagine why a simple chdir is failing.  From the shell (on the
same server) "cd /home/adent" works fine (i.e. the automount happens).

$ cd /home/adent
$ df -k .
jeltz:/vol/vol4/home/adent
                     1073741824 904942140 168799684  85% /home/adent

This is weird.

To answer your question Timo, these are all LDAP users.  In truth I
don't have any passwd users, but I could try creating a local test user.

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
Roy
--