[Dovecot] Mailbox problem

Sadiq Walji sadiq.walji at satconet.com
Tue May 13 09:56:57 EEST 2008

Greetings,

I am using dovecot as our POP3 and IMAP server and Squirrelmail for the
Webmail. Some of our users get the error message below when trying to access
the mailbox using Webmail:

"ERROR: Could not complete request.

   Query: SELECT "INBOX"

   Reason Given: Internal error occurred. Error report written to server
log.

   [2008-05-12 09:08:39]

To resolve this issue, I need to open the /var/spool/mail/<username>
(mailbox of the user) and delete an empty line that is inserted at the top
of the mailbox file. I am running dovecot-0.99.11-8.EL4 on CentOS release
4.6 (Final).

Kindly provide suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Sadiq