[Dovecot] Time moved backwards

"Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" ruskie at codemages.net
Tue May 13 10:30:52 EEST 2008

On 09:23:57 2008-05-13 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 11:13 +0400, Eugene wrote:
>
> > I suggest that Dovecot simply terminate the current connections
> > (causing the client to reconnect) or -- if the time change is really
> > that much of a problem -- to restart itself automatically.
>
> I guess terminating all current connections and restarting all processes
> would be pretty safe, but it's not really a high priority change for
> me..
>
> > Maybe a config option could be introduced.
>
> There are too many settings already.

Or simply launch ntpd with the -s or whatever the appropriate switch to
adjust time on bootup and ensure it starts pre-dovecot...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Ryle hira.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6  F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C