[Dovecot] homedir override problem, MS AD + WINBIND + PAM + SIEVE

Milan Koudelka - Internet Mall spam at mall.cz
Wed May 14 14:06:23 EEST 2008

Hello,
i installed my Dovecot with authetification in MS AD throught WINBIND
and PAM. Works fine.
So I have virtual users with UID, GID from MS AD.
I set maildir path as mail_location = maildir:/var/spool/mail/%n/

Then i want to make some vacation system. I install sieve and use
dovecot LDA.

In postfix main.cf I have
mailbox_command = /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver

Setup of lda in dovecot.conf
protocol lda {
  postmaster_address = postmaster at mail-server.cz
  log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
  info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
  mail_plugins = cmusieve
}

Sieve user-scripts doesn't work without this:
plugin {
  sieve = /var/spool/mail/%n/.dovecot.sieve
}

With this settings, LDA and sieve works OK. I can use user-scrips to
forward mail by subject or something like this.

Vacation rules works too. But it isn't create .dovecot.lda-dupes in user
home directory that contains e-mail addresses that was replied. So
vacation is sent always.
I have this error in dovecot-deliver.log

deliver(mkoudelka): May 14 12:24:19 Error:
open(/home/MALL/mkoudelka/.temp.cz-dc1-s-018.mall.cz.11302.7e2cc05a1e1df1a7)
failed: No such file or directory

I tried to override home directory by set this:

userdb passwd {
  args = home=/var/spool/mail/%n
}

But there isnt't any change.

Can you please, help how to set correct home for sieve ?

MALL is domain of user mkoudelka.

Thank you

--
Milan Koudelka
Linux & Network Administrator

Internet Mall - obchody, které si oblíbíte.
http://www.MALL.cz