[Dovecot] Panic: IMAP(...): Trying to close mailbox INBOX with open transactions

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 16 23:46:26 EEST 2008

On May 16, 2008, at 8:29 PM, Mike Abbott wrote:

> I have been seeing this crash, which has been reported before but
> apparently not yet resolved.  As with the previous reporters, I do
> not know how to reproduce it reliably.

I'd guess it's because client sends a LOGOUT command while another
command is still running. That could probably be considered a client
bug.. But this fixes it: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/c4342385d696

If the error still happens after that change, some command handling is
buggy. It would be useful then to get rawlog of the session that
crashed to find out what commands were being used (probably some
specific FETCH command).