[Dovecot] Development news

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat May 17 21:47:55 EEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 20:29 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> First a list of all the new features and their state:
>
> 1. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-threadindexes/
>
> THREAD=REFERENCES indexes. Missing NFS flushes, support for
> mmap_disable=yes, breaks when more than one session modifies at the same
> time. Not tested much if the replies are really correct at all. Also
> started THREAD=X-REFERENCES2 but it doesn't work as expected.

I've been fixing this recently. It seems to be finally working, but it
could still use some optimizations and it seems the thread tree is
rebuilt unnecessarily sometimes. Also stress testing sometimes gives
"next_iter loops" error which I haven't tried to track down yet.

THREAD X-REFERENCES2 works now. The code is also now in a state that
adding SEARCH INTHREAD support shouldn't be too difficult.

> 2. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-virtualboxes/
>
> Virtual mailboxes. Nothing changed since
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-March/029546.html

Nothing changed, but I just started thinking that the incremental change
tracking probably belongs to lib-storage code. Then it would be quite
easy to add support for SEARCH=CONTEXT
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cridland-imap-context-05).

Now if I could only get v1.1.0 out I could start merging these different
branches to v1.2 tree. :)