[Dovecot] Security Hole in 1.0.13?

Lawrence Sheed Lawrence at computersolutions.cn
Sun May 18 10:19:40 EEST 2008

Typically before I kill a system thats been compromised, I try to find
out the reason, so it DOESNT happen again.

In this instance I have 2 systems with exactly the same "issue"

Both were running smoothly until about last week, then load spikes
were observed.

In both systems, the the attacker has changed the dovecot.conf to
point at dotvecot
I'm guessing around the 13th as thats when the /var/run/dovecot folder
was updated.

I'll do the rest offlist.

Andraz, thank you.
Washington, you're an asshole.