[Dovecot] imap-login processes

Bryan Polk bpolk at eng.fsu.edu
Mon May 19 19:06:10 EEST 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Evaggelos Balaskas wrote:

> I hope something like this could help you :
>
> # Authentication Cache
> auth_cache_size = 10240
> auth_cache_ttl = 18000

This may have done the trick! The number of imap-login processes has been
holding around 60 all morning. In case there is a problem in the future I
tested the following script to truss the imap-login processes on Solaris:

for pid in `ps -ef | grep imap-login | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`;
do
   truss -o log.$pid -p $pid &
done
sleep 20
kill `ps -ef | grep truss | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`

During testing I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, mostly just
sleeping processes.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Bryan Polk
Unix Systems Administrator