[Dovecot] Disallow folder delete

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue May 20 18:39:44 EEST 2008

on 5-20-2008 6:43 AM Jacek Osiecki spake the following:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008, mouss wrote:
>
>> Kenneth Porter wrote:
>>>  On Monday, May 19, 2008 9:43 PM -0400 Charles Marcus >  Thats pretty
>>> drastic - I'd have a rebellion on my hands if I tried that
>>>  were that to happen. Most users aren't that sophisticated and aren't
>>>  creating folders in the first place. (Their inboxes tend to be horribly
>> a probably better approach is to backup the mailstore and let users do
>> what they want in their mailer.
>
> Look how the thread began - it's not about losing folders, it's about
> lusers
> deleting their folders and admin losing time on recovering folders from
> backups :)
>
> Greetings,
You can only do so much to protect people from their own stupidity. I usually
make users wait a while before restoring their mistakes. A few hours of
thinking about it might make them think about it. But then I can be a BOFH
sometimes! ;-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and