[Dovecot] auth_socket_path permissiones

Thu May 22 15:55:36 EEST 2008

Hi.

--On Thursday, May 22, 2008 02:32:06 PM +0200 Adrián Ribao Martínez
<aribao at gmail.com> wrote:

> The lda socket path is set to:
> auth_socket_path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth

If you need the auth socket only for one user, just set the correct
permissions.

Postfix can run the deliver process as the dovecot user. For more info
see <http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix>.

> My MTA is postfix, does someone know if postfix let me run deliver as
> root? If  not, should I go to the setuid option?

It depends on your setup, I guess. Another feasible option might be
using filesystem ACLs for the auth socket.

Greetings,

Jens