[Dovecot] procmail --> deliver question

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri May 23 01:31:35 EEST 2008

On Thu, 22 May 2008, Ben Budts wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I use dovecot-1.1-rc4, got imap, imaps, pop3 & pop3s working fine with the mbox format.
>
> I use sendmail-8.14.2 as an MTA, sendmail uses procmail as an LDA.

Does it run it as the user in question, or as root?

> I migrated to maildir format now, and pipe all my mail to deliver right now to be able to make use of the indexing etc...
> Problem is I run into some errors :
>
> #My .procmailrc
> PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin
> SHELL="/bin/bash"
>
> SENDMAIL="sendmail -oi -t"
> DELIVER="/opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
>
> LOGFILE="$HOME/procmail.log" #/dev/null
> VERBOSE=on
> LOGABSTRACT = "all"
>
> #DEFAULT="$HOME/Maildir/"
> #MAILDIR="$HOME/Maildir/"
>
> :0 w
> | $DELIVER
> #####

Is that /etc/procmailrc or .procmailrc?  If it's /etc/procmailrc, add this
to the start:

DROPPRIVS=YES

And remove that setuid stuff from deliver, I'd say.  (These are local UNIX
users, right?)

-- Asheesh.

--
QOTD:
 	"What I like most about myself is that I'm so understanding