[Dovecot] Building 1.1.rc5 fails on Solaris 10

Peter Eriksson peter at ifm.liu.se
Fri May 23 11:46:53 EEST 2008

> Somehow I don't think "usr/bin/krb5-config: Unknown option `gssapi' --
> use `--help' for usage" is a valid C compiler option. :-)

I've been looking at the configure code in an attempt to fix this. It
feels a bit "kludgy". First stepI think should be to modify the
code in "configure.in" on line 1619 from:

> if `krb5-config --version|grep -v '1\.2' > /dev/null`; then

to:

> if `krb5-config --version gssapi|grep -v '1\.2' > /dev/null`; then

since it is the "gssapi" stuff that is checked later down in that code
section using "krb5-config --cflags gssapi" and "--libs gssapi".

Now, that will make the whole code section fail for later Solaris 10
releases (/usr/bin/krb5-config appeared in Solaris 10 8/07 I think
(it's not there in 11/06), but that's better than the current behaviour.

I assume "krb5-config --version gssapi" will work on Linux systems.

Next step would be to modify the code to still check for GSSAPI headers
and libraries even though krb5-config exists but doesn't support the
"gssapi" argument...

- Peter