[Dovecot] Don't Understand Error Entry

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Sat May 24 01:02:31 EEST 2008

on 5-23-2008 2:21 PM Carlos Williams spake the following:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com>
> wrote:
>
>> One word... upgrade. This is ancient.
>>
>> atrpms.net
>>
>> Just be *sure* that you read the upgrade docs very carefully, as tnings
>> changed in the config...
>>
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Upgrading/1.0
>>
>> and if you decide to go straight to 1.1 (not a bad idea since it is at rc5
>> and release is imminent):
>>
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Upgrading/1.1
>>

> Thanks for the upgrade suggestion but I would like to think the error is due
> to something besides my version just being old. Does the error make sense
> and are you saying that if I had the latest version, this would not happen?
  What he is saying is that the old versions aren't supported anymore. You
will find little help on them as any one on this list who can help you knows
not to use such ancient software in production.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and