[Dovecot] Vanishing maildirsize files with 1.0.7 using 'deliver' via postfix

Jason Forester hilobird at gmail.com
Sat May 24 03:58:47 EEST 2008

Charles Marcus wrote:

>> Jason Forester wrote:
>> We have 3 RH5.1 boxes running the stock Postfix 2.3.3, but due to issues
>> with the stock Dovecot 1.0rc15, Redhat supplied us with the version of
>> Dovecot 1.0.7 that will be in Redhat 5.2.
>>
>> The mail store is automounted per-user from a Sun box via NFS.
>
>Timo strongly recommends to use 1.1 if you are using NFS...
>
>1.1 is available via atrpms.net

I do understand, but as I stated fairly clearly I thought "For reasons
of support I cannot upgrade to a later dovecot at this time."

Of course I have a ticket open with RedHat, but I thought I might come
to the source, find out if it's some form of a known bug, and then
perhaps I *could* use that as leverage to get another version
installed.  So the question still stands:

Is this a known bug?  Is maildirsize not NFS safe?

Knowing that would be a huge first step  for me, so thanks in advance
for any assistance.

Best Regards,

-jason