[Dovecot] Vanishing maildirsize files with 1.0.7 using 'deliver' via postfix

Jason Forester hilobird at gmail.com
Mon May 26 04:30:20 EEST 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

<snip>

> I think there are two issues:
>
> 1) Your recalculation is probably quite slow, assuming you don't have the
> S=sizes in filenames. deliver adds these to new mails, but it doesn't help
> for old ones.

We just changed to Deliver, so that's probably true.

> 2) Most people specify the limits in Dovecot's userdb, so this isn't an
> issue.
>
> What userdb do you use?

We are using ldap for auth/user.  I will take a look at specifying it
there so that the quotas don't vanish, but won't reporting still fail?
 The main reason the customer wants IMAP quotas instead of filesystem
quotas is for reporting quota utilization via mail client and webmail.
 If I can't get stable reporting I'll probably just go back to fs
quotas and be done with it.

Thanks,

- jason