[Dovecot] Asking for password

Aziz KNINA azizknina at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:17:30 EEST 2008

Hi,
I'm a new user of Dovecot.
I have installed it in a server in combination of Postfix.
I have created a system user and given him a password, this is a final user.
when I try to add the account in my mail client (outlook), I get the window
of authentication asking for password, even if I enter the correct password,
this window does not disappear.
below my configuration.
dovecot --version: 1.0.13
dovecot -n:
# 1.0.13: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
protocols: imap pop3
ssl_disable: yes
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: INBOX=/var/spool/mail/$u
mail_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3
pop3_uidl_format(default):
pop3_uidl_format(imap):
pop3_uidl_format(pop3): %m
auth default: