[Dovecot] Dovecot quota for mailadministrator

Markus Hofer hofmarkus at gmail.com
Tue May 27 16:49:11 EEST 2008

Alexander Prinsier schrieb:
> Markus Hofer wrote:
>
>> With that way the administrator could have always a look if some
>> users have quota problems.
>>
>> My question is, if dovecot has some similar command for the administrator?
>>

> It depends on what quota backend you use. If you use filesystem quota's
> like I do, you can use the linux quota(1) command to see the status for
> all users.
>
> I'm not sure whether something alike exists for other quota backends.
>
> Alexander

I user the configuration like, where I could configure all the quota
limit in the DB.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/1.1

Per-user quota

You can override quota rules in your userdb
<http://wiki.dovecot.org/UserDatabase>'s extra fields
<http://wiki.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/ExtraFields>. Keep all the global
settings in plugin section and override only those settings you need to
in your userdb. For example:

plugin {
  quota = maildir
  quota_rule = *:storage=1G
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=100M
}

Next override the default 1GB quota for users:

# LDAP:
user_attrs = homeDirectory=home,quotaBytes=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$
# MySQL:
user_query = select uid, gid, home, \
  concat('*:bytes=', quota_bytes) as quota_rule \
  from users where userid = '%u'

I have the possibility to see the user LIMITs?

Thanks in advance.

Markus