[Dovecot] Upgrade To New Version

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Thu May 29 03:19:49 EEST 2008

Carlos Williams wrote:
> I am currently running Dovecot on DoD production email server (Postfix) and
> the latest version the software available from Redhat is
> dovecot-0.99.11-8.EL4. According to you guys, this is ancient and I was
> wondering what is the safest and easiest way to get my version updated
> without breaking it...

I recently upgraded from 0.99.14 to 1.0.13.  A quick run through the config
file to make sure they matched, and that was it.  Timo's included enough
support that Dovecot will migrate/update a lot of things for you (like
subscription files, etc).

It really was less painful than I'd anticipated.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net