[Dovecot] Unsuccessful POP sessions on dovecot-1.0.3-13_60

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Thu May 29 23:42:40 EEST 2008

* Timo Sirainen <dovecot at dovecot.org>:
> On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 16:16 +0200, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> > What I see is that the client seems to try to retrieve the same mails
> > (retr=5/448621) over and over again.
> >
> > If they login using IMAP they don't experience any problems.
> >
> > Any idea what this could be?
> > Rumor has it it's a know problem with Outlook Express and its POP
> > implementation. Is that rumor or a fact?
>
> Have you already enabled all the pop3 workarounds? If yes, enable rawlog
> (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog) and see if there's anything
> special.

Yes, I have enabled the workarounds.

New report indicates there's something wrong with ports. The had 110 closed
(to force usage of 995). Once they reopened 110 things went back to normal.

I haven't had time yet to examine this, but as soon as I know news I will post
them here too.

Thanks!

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de