[Dovecot] Web-based shared calendar synchronizable with Outlook

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri May 30 17:22:03 EEST 2008

Samuel HAMEAU wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this request is a a little off-topic but may be interesting for
> dovecot users (at least i hope!)
>
> Does anybody has already had an experience with a calendar sharing
> solution including a webcalendar and an outlook connector, "compatible"
> with dovecot ?
> Today, there are many projects aiming to be a "M$ Exchange Killer" (such
> as Zimbra, OBM, open-exchange, etc) but they offers a global package
> with MTA and imap server included.
>
> I saw the page about BynariConnector
> (http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/BynariConnector) but unfortunatly they do
> not provide a webmail :(
> I'm afraid
>

> What I am looking for is a shared agenda solution providing a
> webcalendar, an outlook connector and eventually a pda connector, using
> (or not) dovecot, and a corporate ldap server...
>
> What are you guys using ?

Not using right now but I have used WebCal
(http://bulldog.tzo.org/webcal/).  It went end-of-life back in 2003 and
I haven't found it's replacement (though only doing some light searching.)

Some of the user/administrator interface is butt-ugly (mostly color
selection and combinations) but it does a nice job at shared
calendars/resources and the big plus for me is it is written in Perl so
can be modified.

Rod