[Dovecot] Upgrade To New Version

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat May 31 01:51:45 EEST 2008

On Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:51 AM +1000 Curtis Maloney
<cmaloney at cardgate.net> wrote:

>> I read the WIKI link previously suggested and it was very dry and left
>> me with a lot of questions...
>
> Such as...?

I run an all-IMAP shop, and the one thing that confused me was the UID
setting in the POP3 section. I didn't want my users who synchronize against
a local copy of their mail (eg. to read on the airplane) to have to
re-download it again. I think the one user for which this was a concern
ended up re-downloading anyway.

Apart from that one issue, the upgrade was painless.