[Dovecot] Sieve Editheader Extension?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat May 31 21:57:16 EEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 11:35 -0700, Michael K Sanders wrote:
> I've done extensive searches, and there is virtually no information
> about
> actual implementations of the draft Sieve Editheader Extension (which
> provides 'addheader' and 'deleteheader' actions):
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-editheader-11.txt
>
> Is anyone currently working on this for Dovecot Sieve?
>
> If not, are there any plans to do so?  And before I start digging
> through
> the source, is the architecture amenable to this functionality?

deliver doesn't directly support modifying the message, so you'll have
to change the plugin to hook into struct mail.get_stream() and have it
return your own filtered stream instead of the original one (see e.g.
mail_log plugin how to override struct mail's methods). Deleting headers
is simple with i_stream_create_header_filter(), but adding headers is a
bit trickier. Maybe i_stream_create_concat() will help: filtered istream
with HIDE_BODY flag + data_istream for your added headers + message body
as limit_istream.

Also the cmusieve plugin will be deprecated soon after Stephen Bosch's
own implementation is finished. Two weeks ago he said the first release
should be available in a few weeks.