[Dovecot] First release (v0.1.0) of the new Sieve implementation for Dovecot v1.2

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Nov 10 13:58:46 EET 2008

> Finally, after little more than a year, I finished the first release of
> the new Sieve implementation for Dovecot.
Great! I immediately tried to put this into pkgsrc, but ...

> The compilation procedure is identical to the cmusieve plugin
> (http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve).
I cannot see how this part of configure

if ! test -f "$dovecotdir/dovecot-config"; then
  echo
  echo "dovecot-config not found from $dovecotdir, use --with-dovecot=PATH"
  echo "to give path to compiled Dovecot sources or to a directory with the"
  echo "installed dovecot-config file."
  AC_MSG_ERROR([dovecot-config not found])
fi

if test -d "$dovecotdir/src"; then
  # compiling against sources
  have_dovecot_libs=yes
else
  # compiling against installed headers
  echo
  echo "Cannot compile against the installed headers only."
  AC_MSG_ERROR([dovecot-source not found]);
fi

is supposed to work. Either I point $dovecotdir to the source directory
and get a complaint about a missing dovecot-config or I point it to
the library directory and get a complaint that it can't compile
against headers only.