[Dovecot] antispam plugin claims "antispam signature not found"

Eugene genie at geniechka.ru
Tue Nov 11 02:04:57 EET 2008

Jakob Curdes wrote
> Some weeks ago I asked a question on the antispam plugin; obviously
> nobody could help me. I just worked on it again but made no progress.
> Is actually anybody out there running the antispam plugin with dspam?? I
> am willing to write a Wiki page for configuring this as soon as I get it
> to work.
> - as soon as I move a message into the spam folder it gives an error
> message saying "antispam signature not found"

Just had this error myself. In my case, the cause was a large spam message
(above the configured MaxMessageSize parameter for DSPAM) that was skipped
during tests and thus no signature was added. Might this be true in your
case?

As a general suggestion for Johannes: maybe it is better to ignore this
error silently, just move the message and don't call DSPAM?

> I checked that the given location for the dspam executable is correct,
> that the user executing it (dovecot?) is actually able to execute dspam
> and that dspam trusts this user. I triple-checked that the signature is
> configured correctly. I have lines like

Another guess: if that comma is not a misprint, something is wrong in your
setup.

Regards
Eugene