[Dovecot] Another dovecot-antispam plugin can't call dspam

Eugene genie at geniechka.ru
Tue Nov 11 02:16:08 EET 2008

Hi  Johannes,

From: "Johannes Berg" <johannes at sipsolutions.net>

> > Do you plan to implement 'out of band' dspam calling?
> > BTW maybe there is no need for a separate 'queue' folder especially as
> > we
> > only need a message signature. I think it can be stored in some buffer
> > array
> > so as the dspam calls are made i.e. during idle time (or during final
> > cleanup at the latest).

> Well, I tried doing that with the signature-log backend, but that seemed
> somewhat problematic to me although somebody said it actually works for
> him.

Well, the performance of current approach seems acceptable, so it is
probably not worth the trouble.

> Thanks, I've added the Makefile patch, but the other one I'm not too
> sure about, it seems it would print things twice if the loop actually
> looped, so I left it for now. Also, your code can access
> buf[sizeof(buf)] which would be a buffer overrun.

My idea was that if the loop actually loops (i.e. more that 1024 bytes
returned), we just log several lines in debug log.
Sorry for buffer overrun, we have to check readsize of course.
Or just pass sizeof(buf)-1 to read()

Eugene