[Dovecot] OT: Counting emails in IMAP folders

Nigel Allen prosmart at jamesons.com.au
Mon Nov 17 03:51:32 EET 2008

Greetings

I have a customer who has mail server running dovecot with an IMAP
account (Customers) which contains hundreds of folders (one per customer).

Looks like this:

Customers
    Fred Smith and Co
    Joe Blogss
    Cust-1
    Cust-n

They have a requirement to report monthly on the total number of emails
added to each customers' folder during the month.

Basically I need to be able to run some kind of command line query that
will give me each of the sub-folder names and the number of emails added
to the folder for that month (or other user-specified time period).

Any ideas please?

TIA

Nigel.