[Dovecot] %d in deliver

Mark Zealey Mark.Zealey at webfusion.com
Thu Nov 20 13:05:21 EET 2008

Hi there,

I run a system that has a lot of virtual users. We invoke deliver from
exim and pass the directory to deliver into using the HOME environment
variable, so deliver doesn't do any database lookups during the delivery
process. The exim pipe environment is described at
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/index.html#toc0239,
but basically I'd like to know the domain as well as the user, however
deliver doesn't seem to pick this up. Is there any way that you could
extend deliver to make it either pick up the domain (or correct
username) from the command line, but not do an authdb lookup; or get it
to read the domain from an environment variable (or be able to print the
contents of an arbitrary environment variable in a formatted string)?

Thanks,

Mark

--
Mark Zealey -- Shared Hosting Team Leader
Product Development * Webfusion

This mail is subject to http://www.gxn.net/disclaimer