[Dovecot] antispam plugin claims "antispam signature not found"

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Thu Nov 27 21:01:11 EET 2008

Eugene wrote (somte time ago, I am just now recollecting my threads):
> Jakob Curdes wrote
>> Some weeks ago I asked a question on the antispam plugin; obviously
>> nobody could help me. I just worked on it again but made no progress.
>> Is actually anybody out there running the antispam plugin with dspam?? I
>> am willing to write a Wiki page for configuring this as soon as I get it
>> to work.
>> - as soon as I move a message into the spam folder it gives an error
>> message saying "antispam signature not found"
>
> Just had this error myself. In my case, the cause was a large spam
> message (above the configured MaxMessageSize parameter for DSPAM) that
> was skipped during tests and thus no signature was added. Might this
> be true in your case?
Might be for some messages as I just detected that some messages have a
signature and others don't.
BUT I also cannot move messages into spam that carry a signature. When I
feed the message corpus on the command line it works, but not via the
antispam plugin.

> Another guess: if that comma is not a misprint, something is wrong in
> your setup.
Why? Mine all look like that; are the signatures configurable somewhere
in dspam?

JC